Some programs/fonts for RISC OS machines
Here are a few small things for downloading:
These have been archived by SparkFS by David Pilling. A free
dearchiver (SparkPlug) is available from
most Acorn FTP sites.
- Filer_Edit (2699 bytes)
- A small basic program to load non-text files into a text
editor. This one crops up every so often on comp.sys.acorn.programmer
so I thought I'd put it here
- KillTask (1954 bytes)
- Small program to kill named tasks
- Glorantha font
- Outline font of Gloranthan runes (including all from RQIII book, all
in Gods of Glorantha, the Lunar death rune variant and the
ones from The Book Of Drastic Resolutions.) It doesn't include the new Hero Wars versions.
- It includes a Glorantha.Carved variant for those who prefer
their runes to look as if they've been carved in stone. (Unfortunately
there seems to be a problem with it, !FontEd crashes although the font works
- The archive is now in zip format and contains what might be Type 3
versions of the font.
- !NPC (24Kbytes)
- RISC OS program to generate RuneQuest III non-player characters.
- Program to split mailling list digests into individual articles.
- This is version 0.47h, 7 June 1998
- A RISC OS program to send multiple files to a single recipient,
- This is version 0.04
- A RISC OS program to monitor the serial port and perform actions
available via the OS_SerialOp call.
- The archive is 17K. Version 0.10 Feb 1998
- Various small programs
- A few small utilities that live in my library directory.
- Sets up a code variable to hold the current directory. Setting this
variable changes directory.
- Makes the CLI prompt contain the current directory, using pwd above.
- Command to list application and module processes
- Gives details on current screen mode
- Echos its argument as a canonical path, so that
echos the CSD and
which run:which will echo the path to the
- The syntax for this is
WhenIdle command. command is the command
to execute. WhenIdle waits for a period of idleness, roughly five to
six seconds, before executing the command.
- I use this to postpone parts of my boot sequence at work.
Programs that take a while to initialise are only run when the desktop
is idle, e.g. setting up the NFS printer which I never need straight
- The archive is about 5K
- Simple viewer for the Global Clipboard. 0.03, 1 April 1998
- URL List
- Remembers URL requests when offline and can re-broadcast them when online.
- Version 0.33, 22nd March 2000
- Lets you double click on Java class files to run them.
- Version 0.02, September 1998
Email transport for the RISC OS NetWare client.
Version 0.20, August 2000
Program to announce new articles for Messenger Pro.
Version 0.03, 10 October 2000.
- Nethack 3.3.1 for RISC OS
This has been moved to its own section.
Some browsers may try to render the archives as text files so be sure
to download to file.
I'd just like to point out that any apparent flaws in my programs are
in fact deliberatly placed there for reasons that no human mind,
except my own, could possibly comprehend. So There.